Apart from planning on where to go on vacation, booking the transportation and stays; the next question is what games to pack for the vacation. You have no other choice but to pack your kid’s favorite games which also can be enjoyed as a family. Most importantly, it is the easiest and fun way you can keep the family engaged in an activity together. Here is a list of games to play on a family vacation.
Card games are always less time consuming, easy to pack and double the fun as a family.
· The classic card game – There are too many games you can list with playing cards. ‘finding the joker’ and ‘train’ is the easiest card games with kids. With older kids and other elders, ‘rummy’, ‘crazy eights’, ‘the bank’ are interesting games to focus
· UNO cards- With the set of four colors, numbers and special power cards; no cards promote simple game rules even for kids. You can play ‘bluff’ or ‘finish it off with no’
· Pokemon card game- Each card represents one species of pokemon and marks its characteristics. There are two energy cards: one is basic energy, the other is special. The strategies and instructions come with the deck of pokemon cards itself.
Board games might be space consuming to pack; however, your kids will have extra space for their games. They never run out of entertainment and interesting games to play on a family vacation.
· Scrabble – It is the ultimate word game that involves two or four players. So the points are scored by placing tiles of the alphabet next to each other to form a word.
· Monopoly- This game is all about buying and trading properties by rolling two six-sided dice. Most importantly, It has a set of rules, by which the game is maintained in harmony with its players.
· Ludo- The easy card game entertaining from toddlers to adults and all you need to do is roll a dice. Basically the board is divided into 4 segments of colors and each player moves forward or backward as he rolls the dice.
Responsive Games for your family vacation
When you have got no card games or board games in hand, you have your own heart and voice to keep the crowd occupied.
· Antakshari – A popular game played in India involving two teams. One team has to start a song and others have to continue a song starting with the ending letter. It can keep quite a few people from elders to kids engaged.
· 20 Questions – This game needs a little brain. The player has to think of a famous person or celebrity, and the rest of the team has to figure out the person by asking 20 questions.
· One line Storytime – Everyone is creative in their way and can spin a story on their own. Basically, everybody sits in a circle and each person gets a line to add to the story. The story can take its twists and turns as each person’s ability to build the story.
Visual and memory games
These are some instant and insane games to randomly play while traveling in a van or a road trip.
· Spot the word – It is so simple that one person finds a word and asks the other person to locate the same word before they cross the stretch. In other words, it is a carefree game played alternatively.
· How big is your memory – Say chose a topic like fruits or vegetables. And all the participants have to voice out an example in order. Each person should remember and recite all the examples along with an example of their own. And this circle continues until it breaks.
· Discover the city – Along with a world map or a city map, this game is made interesting. So Everyone gets a common time to read the map and each one is questioned to locate a particular city on the map.
Outdoor games for your family vacation
Anything that involves physical activity and teamwork in the outdoors works out for family fun.
· Classical games – Include cricket, football, throw a ball or even catch and catch. These games can be played as two teams against each other.
· 7 stones- As it says you need 7 flat stones and a striker. Stand as two teams, the game is that one team needs to gather all 7 stones at a common point and the team’s job is strike as they place the stones on top of each other.
· Scavenger Hunt – Every adult along with their kids can be excited about a treasure hunt. Usually, it involves hiding miscellaneous items as simple as a flower or chocolates and finding them with the given hunts.